The roof is one of the most important parts of the home. While the roof is meant to last a long time, it does not last forever.
Your roof is a large part of the exterior appearance of your house, so it’s worth paying attention to its looks. Different types of roofing, different materials, and different colors can drastically affect the overall style of your house. Besides appearances, roofing also plays a significant role in the value of your home, it supports and protects your home, it can be a defining feature for the design, it directly bestows efficiency as well as durability to your home.
Roofing companies have adopted some trendy technologies for their work while adopting digital technology in manufacturing and operations. Automated machines have made their work a lot easier, and the volume of work for roofing contractors has grown. Most roofing contractors use modern roofing material for better protection and durability.
There are many factors of a roof to consider when picking a new style, such as color, shape, functionality, and material. Here are a few of the latest roofing trends to help you stay up-to-date:
- Energy Efficient Roofs
- Green Roofs
- Concrete Roofs
- Designer Roofs
- Lighter Colors
Nowadays, people are looking for ways to save energy than ever before. Energy-efficient roofs are becoming more and more popular in 2019. Because of this, you can save lots of money on your electric bill by keeping your home cooler in the summer. Energy-efficient techniques include solar tiles, metal roofs, light-colored shingles, reflective coatings, and more. Energy Efficient Roofs has become one of the fastest-growing segments of the roofing industry adding value and saving energy.
- Solar roof tiles utilize sunlight to generate electricity.
- Metal roofs, light-colored shingles, and reflective coatings will reflect radiation to keep your roof and the inside of your home cooler. This allows you to decrease air conditioning usage and save energy.
Another growing trend is using organic materials for a roof. These roofing systems have multiple layers such as engineered soil, protective fabric, waterproof membrane and finally a green layer of plants. Green roofs work best on a sloped roof where if it storms, plants can absorb some water and drain the excess.
- Green roofs can be as simple as a grass-covered rooftop garden. These roofs use soil, compost, and plants to absorb the sun rays and grow into a living ecosystem.
- Green roofs also lower your home’s electricity bills by providing shade and protection to your roof’s surface.
Concrete roofs are becoming increasingly popular in modern homes. Concrete tiles are the perfect option for homeowners living in areas prone to violent storms.
- Concrete tiles resemble traditional composite shingles but are much sturdier, heavier, and more durable and waterproof.
- Concrete roofing tiles are the most durable and maintenance-free roofing material.
- Concrete is an excellent insulator and resists the heat transfer that means you’ll be able to keep your home cooler in summer and warmer in the winter.
- Concrete roofing installation methods will help keep your roof more free of ice and snow than other materials during the coldest months.
Color isn’t the only change to roof design coming in the new year. There are also a wide variety of designer roof styles available in the market for homeowners who want to install a unique, eye-catching roof with high-quality construction. These roofs offer a wide range of attractive styles, colors, textures, and materials while still being functional and durable.
- Designer roofs are designed to withstand certain environments, such as high winds, fires, hurricanes, and more.
- Due to the quality and manufacturing of designer roofs, they are less likely to sustain as much damage as other standard shingles would.
Traditionally, most homes have been built with a dark or drab roof. Nowadays, people are opting to use lighter colors for their roofs, such as shades of warm blues, soft greens, and more neutral colors like white, beige, and taupe.
- Lighter colors can dramatically change the outer look of your home. Since lighter colors reflect heat, they can also reduce your utility bills.
Residential roofing doesn’t have to be boring or inefficient. We live in a great time when roofing materials are available that are environmentally friendly.
In addition, a roof uplift may be the needed step to enhance your home’s energy-efficient and beautiful oasis that you’ve always dreamed of. At Midsouth Roof Consultants, we work to provide roofing solutions with your needs and goals in mind. Whether you want to update your style or just want a roof that can stand up to the weather conditions, we are ready with solutions to the demand. We pride ourselves on our open communication and after-sale service. We hope that there are no issues with your new roof after installation, however, if any problems come up, we will make it our top priority to correct the issue. We also make it one of our top priorities to be open and honest throughout the project. We will be upfront about any issues including costs and are happy to answer any questions that you have to the best of our abilities.