If you are operating an internet-based business in today’s tech-savvy environment, you are already facing a challenging situation in which you have to build and maintain a positive brand image while registering healthy sales volume to achieve company goals.
Having a relevant, intent-based keyword list is very crucial if you intend to drive higher traffic to your website and turn potential customers into actual buyers of your products or services. When we talk about intent-based keywords, we are basically talking about keywords with commercial intent of the user.
There are certain basic rules that have to be followed as you try to build your intent-based keyword list to generate more leads. Read on to know more about these essentials that can spell great success for your e-business.
Build a Solid Foundation of Core Keywords
You need to build a solid foundation of core keywords before you could think about identifying searcher’s intent. These keywords are products, services, and/or features that you’ll use to build your search intent program around. So, how do you pick the right set of core keywords to make your website highly visible on search engine results?
- Set your SEO goals- how fast you want results, what is your audience type ( specific or flexible), and what type of traffic are you seeking?
- Decide on striking the right balance between “head” and “long-tail” keywords.
- Work on your preliminary research- think of root ideas, use online tools to generate more keywords relevant to your business, create a master list and sort them out.
- Filter weakest keywords out and pick your top candidates based on variables like search volume, level of competition, relevance, and current rankings.
Catch Some Valuable Suggestions Using Keyword Research Tools
A large number of e-commerce companies use various keyword research tools to get going with building their list of intent-based keywords. Google Keyword Planner is helpful to get started, while SEMrush and Google Suggest Expander will also help you to include more keywords to your current list. Here are 5 popular, effective keyword research tools that will help you to get more terms to use in your content.
- Google AdWords Keyword Planner
- Answer The Public
- SEOBook Keyword Suggestion Tool
Use the relevant terms so that your content is highly visible in search engine result pages which leads to more clicks and organic traffic. Use the tried and tested keyword research tools to discover exact terms people are typing into search engines to find you.
Google SERP Analysis will help you to determine whether the keywords are relevant and what are the possibilities to outrank your competitors by driving more traffic to your website. It will ensure you only pick relevant keywords for your specialized services.
You can use this highly informative analysis to find out your current ranking on the search engine results page.
Classify Low-Intent and High-Intent Keywords
It is a fact not all searchers are really interested to buy your products or services. Some of them may be just looking for basic information on a given topic and leave your website as soon as their purpose is served (or not). Keywords used by them can be termed as “low-intent” keywords which are unlikely to result in a sale transaction eventually.
On the other hand, “high-intent” keywords indicate a strong intention on the part of the user to seriously consider making a purchase or any other action that can potentially lead to a likely sales transactions.
Target High-Intent Keywords
Once you’ve filtered high-intent keywords using smart tools like WordStream Advisor, your next task is to target them to your e-business’ advantage. High commercial intent keywords offer several advantages to advertisers which are mentioned below.
- Helps the searchers to reach directly to your website by using high commercial intent keywords in their queries
- Google AdWords and Bing Ads offer different advertising formats ideally suited to high-intent keywords to attract searchers with high commercial intent. Shopping Ads is one such popular format.
- HIgh-intent keywords can be more cost-effective as click-through rates are strong and conversion rates are higher, which ultimately leads to reduced rates of wasted spend.
By now, you must have got a pretty good idea of what goes into building a relevant list of high commercial intent-keywords that will help you generate more organic traffic to your website.
SEO North Sydney is a leading, full-scale web design, marketing and consulting firm, based out in Australia, providing result-oriented web solutions that go beyond clients’ expectations to help them achieve top rankings in search engines.
Leave us a message or Call us at 0425 204 887 for more information.